Prospective Committee FAQ
Thank you for your interest in joining the Campus Y! Please see the information below about our application process and what we are looking for in a new committee.
Timeline of the application process:
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019: Application for prospective committees is released on the website and social media
- Wednesday, February 6, 2019 by 11:59 PM: Committee application due
- Friday, February 15, 2019: Semifinalists notified
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 7 PM: Semifinalists Present to Executive Board
- Friday, February 29, 2019: Executive Board selects one finalist to present their organization to the Campus Y Cabinet
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019: The chosen applicant presents their organization to Cabinet, and the organization is inducted as a committee if the 2/3rd majority votes yes
What to consider when applying:
- Your organization must align with the mission of the Campus Y and that will contribute to our community.
- It is often helpful to have been operating successfully for a year or two to demonstrate sustainability and structure.
- You do not need to be a registered organization with the University to apply, but you can be!
- If you have any questions or would like to schedule a meeting with the Co-Presidents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.