Prospective Committee FAQ
Thank you for your interest in joining the Campus Y! Please see the information below about our application process and what we are looking for in a new committee.
The Campus Y is accepting applications for organizations to join 31 other committees in the pursuit of social justice. The Y’s collective mission and values are promoted through the committees’ diverse views, objectives, and approaches in community engagement.
The committees of the Campus Y and their members resolve to abide by these following values implicit in the mission of the Campus Y:
1. Address and evaluate social justice and systemic issues
2. Engage actively through activism, advocacy, entrepreneurship, or service
3. Strive for continual improvement by critically reflecting on the committee’s work
4. Possess effective leadership practices
5. Promote ethical community engagement
6. Utilize Campus Y space, resources, community, and values
The Campus Y Executive Board officially administers selection of prospective committees, with the final decision stemming from a 2/3 majority vote of the Campus Y Cabinet. Prospective committees must complete the following application, the questions of which are based on the above Campus Y values. The deadline for completed applications is TBD.
Timeline of the application process: Dates are currently TBD
- Committee Application Opens
Committee Application Due
Semifinalists Present to Executive Board
Finalist Presents to Cabinet for a vote (Final Decision)
What to consider when applying:
- Your organization must align with the mission of the Campus Y and that will contribute to our community.
- You do not need to be a registered organization with the University to apply, but you can be!
- Read the responsibilities of co-chairs in the application, which details what responsibilities the leaders of your organization agree to take on if accepted as a committee of the Campus Y.
- If you have any questions or would like to schedule a meeting with the Co-Presidents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the link to the application.